Monday, October 14, 2013

......and I'm back!

Back to work, back to wearing makeup, no more wearing yoga pants, or eating gluten free pizza... Yup my mini vacation is over. Sad Face!!! I can now start counting down to my next time off of work during Thanksgiving. That will actually be my birthday weekend also so I took an extra day off on the end of the normal Thanksgiving holiday to celebrate :) T-minus 7 weeks to go! But I digress... Lets focus on the new week at hand and join Melyssa at the Nectar Collective to go over some of my weekly wishes!

The Nectar Collective


Last week I had high hopes for getting a lot done around the house. I didn't get to clean out my closet but I did do a little shopping (YAY!) and got a ton of laundry and cleaning done. So I can't complain there. I ran 21 miles and was super productive at work (all 3 days ;) ). It was a great week overall!!

This week looks a little like this:

1- Kick butt back at the gym. I am switching programs starting this week. It's back to heavy weight training again. I've spent the past two months doing a lot of running and body weight training. I will spend the next two months lifting weights at the gym and very little running. I go back and forth like this every two months to keep my body guessing and always make it a challenge. I LOVE this part of my training. It is so satisfying to lift more than you ever thought you could... To see the muscles growing fast in your body... To have people at the gym see you with a fat barbell up on your shoulders. So fun! The first few weeks however are always killer. When I first started back to running my muscles felt so strong and heavy and it made running feel so hard. Like I was lugging around two weights around for legs. But as the months progressed I started feeling lighter and lighter. It was easy for me to run again and my joints were loosening up. In fact yesterday I ran my first 7 miles ever! And I actually didn't die! Which is awesome...until its time to lift heavy again. It will be a few weeks until my body is comfortable with the motions and amounts of weights I have planned for it. But this "keep the muscles guessing" is what works best for my body. So c'mon week..bring it on!

                                  
                                               7 Miles from my house and around the lake and back!


















.

2- I want to get a lot of devotional time in this week. I crave it and need to feed the craving. This desire is as simple as that. Read, write, pray, soak in the Spirit,listen to studies, read the Bible. I have a whole lot of that planned for me this week and I am so looking forward to it!

Pretty much sums it up!


3- I know the holidays are still a little ways away but I like to spread my spending out over a few months.. So this week I want to start brainstorming things I want to get for my family. They are so hard to buy for so I need some serious inspiration this week! PS they already have holiday decorations up at Michaels!!!! OMG a little to soon people!


Really Michaels?? Realllly???


4- Keep it simple! I want to stay in my zen vacation mode so less is more this week. Have fun, relax, be kind, and stay me! 

 What are your wishes for this week??? I hope you have a fantastic 7 days planned too!!

xoxo
Katie 

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first 7 miles! That's seriously amazing. Best of luck with weight training these next couple months. You're gonna rock it ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! And thank you for stopping by! I will have to keep everyone posted on my painful transition LOL! :)

      Delete
  2. I've been brainstorming Christmas gifts for a while now myself-- I'm just that type of person! Plus, the holidays are always so fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I love shopping for people! I just wish I had more money to spend! It makes it sooo much easier without a budget ;)

      Delete