Thursday, September 5, 2013

Peaches & Cream Paleo Smoothie

Happy Thursday!

I have to share this recipe I came up with recently. It has been so hot here the past month and sometimes a protein shake is all I can muster up the energy to make! And this one is easy and oohhhh soooo tasty! You can eat this for breakfast or dinner or dessert... or lunch.. or snack... or just because! It is THAT good! And the best part is that it is so simple!


-Frozen Peaches- about 8 peach slices (so about 1 cup??)
-Coconut Milk -1/2 can*
-Maple Syrup- About 1/2 tablespoon
- Vanilla Extract (1 teaspoon)
-Protein powder 1 scoop (optional) **
-Cinnamon to taste (I like a lot)

Then just blend and enjoy! Make sure you put them in the the blender in the same order I have listed above or the consistency won't be the same! I use one of the small cup attachments on my Ninja Kitchen Systems Blender and it works great!

*Coconut milk- Find a brand that does not have guar gum!! Trader Joes has a brand that I love for only .99 cents a can.


**Protein powder- I use this brand of pea protein. It has no wheat or soy or any other artificial junk in it. I got it at Whole Foods but I know you can buy online too if you don't live near a Whole Foods.

I hope you enjoy this summer treat!! How do you stay cool in the summer time? Do you have any secret shake recipes you want to share with me?!? :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment